Dr Swain's qualifications include a Masters in Dental Science in Periodontics (University of Melbourne), a Masters In Public Health (UWA).
He is a member of National bodies; The Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (RACDS) (Periodontics Division), The Australian and New Zealand Academy of Periodontics (ANZAP) and also a member of local societies - Australian Society of Periodontics (ASP) and Australasian Osseointegration Society (AOS). International Team for Implantology (ITI).
He is a council member on Dental Specialist Society of Western Australia (DSSWA) representing the specialty of Periodontics.
For 5 years he was Course Convener in Periodontics at the University of Western Australia and had oversight of the Undergraduate and Postgraduate (specialist) training programs. This also involved multidisciplinary interactions with orthodontics and prosthodontics. During this time at UWA, he established the implant dentistry training program and was involved in a number of research programs. This included the “SMILE” study, a NHMRC funded study investigating the link between Gum disease and Adverse Pregnancy outcome with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Jon's practice encompasses the following procedures (following diagnosis):
- Both non-surgical and surgical periodontics
- Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP)
- Plastic surgical procedures including treatment of recession with connective tissue grafts
- Guided Tissue Regeneration including bone grafting, procedures with assisted healing from Platelet Rich Plasma and Fibrin (PRP), (PRF)
- ‘Atraumatic’ Extraction & ridge preservation
- Surgical Implant placement (typically utilising 3-D printed surgical guides)
Taylor Road Periodontics
3/150 Stirling Highway Nedlands, WA 6009
P: (08) 6382 0699
W : taylorrdperiodontics.com.au
Free parking is available on site.
|Monday||8am - 5pm|
|Tuesday||8am - 5pm|
|Wednesday||8am - 5pm|
|Thursday||8am - 5pm|
|Friday||8am - 5pm|
South West Periodontics and Implants
AMR Dental Care
3 Station Rd, Margaret River 6285
P: (08) 9757 2881
Parking is available on site.
Dr Swain works a full Friday and Saturday, usually once a month.
|Once a month|
|Friday||8am - 5pm|
|Saturday||8am - 5pm|